'bitrix:im.messenger' is not a component

Автор Тема: История одной Toyota Tacoma V6 (1GR-FE) 2015гв - на основе лаб.анализ  (Прочитано 2403 раз)

Никитос

• Сами с усами! Делаем ремонт сами!
  • Генерал-Полковник
  • Не в сети Не в сети
  • And call me Michael - бездельник, пенсионер короче
    • TRJ125 (2,7л)

Ползая по интернету в поисках информации по лабораторным анализам моторного масла на двигателе 2TR-FE (2.7л) наткнулся на интересное по мотору 1GR-FE

Все анализы сделаны в одной лаборатории, так же интересны выводы специалистов лаборатории.

Локация машины - Herndon, штат - VA

05/07/15
Just got a new 2015 Toyota Tacoma Double-Cab V6 4WD. I always change factory fill fluids early. I thought it would be fun/interesting to perform UOAs on the factory fill, just for curiosity's sake. This sample is from the Engine. I was curious about:

1) Whether Toyota uses 5W-30 in the engine as factory fill, which is what is called for for this engine. *NO!* It looks like 0W or 5W-20 to me!

2) Whether it really is worth it to change out factory fill so early. After seeing this UOA, I think it is, but you be the judge. Keep in mind there is only 1,000 miles, and 3 months since the truck was built.

Если кратко:
  • с завода в машину было залито скорее всего 5W20
  • на 1000 миль  владелец сливает заводское масло и заливает Amsoil Signature 5W-30 и все последующие замены будут на этом масле.
Здесь должна быть моя подпись, но пока её нет....

Никитос

• Генерал-Полковник
  • Не в сети Не в сети
    • TRJ125 (2,7л)

06/23/15

I just bought this vehicle in March 2015, and this is already my second UOA on this vehicle. I changed the factory fill at 1,000 miles, and drew a sample for a UOA (that's represented by the 5/1/2015 column). I have since driven another 1,500 miles, for a total of 2500 on the vehicle. I drew a sample, then changed it again.

Let's get this out of the way: Yes, this oil could have gone *much* longer. Yes, it's a waste of money to do UOAs at this point. I am doing it simply to satisfy my curiosity on the break-in process. I am providing the data here for those that might be interested.

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Note the Sodium - there is still a significant amount left over from the factory fill. It will be interesting to see how many changes it takes to get this completely out.

I suspect the copper is coming from the engine oil cooler - this Tacoma has the optional towing package installed, which comes with an engine oil cooler mounted right under the oil filter. The silicon I am sure is from internal sealers - Toyota seems to love silicone sealers in its engines - I've seen this on several other of their engines.

Incidentally, the filter was a Mobil 1 M1-209.

Никитос

• Генерал-Полковник
  • Не в сети Не в сети
    • TRJ125 (2,7л)

09/01/15

Still going through the break-in process on the new Tacoma.

Remnants of the break-in process and factory fill oil still washing out. I am going 5K miles on the next fill, and then will go to 10K miles on the fill after that, providing UOAs continue to show progress with break-in.

Никитос

• Генерал-Полковник
  • Не в сети Не в сети
    • TRJ125 (2,7л)

01/15/16

I changed this oil and filter after this sample was taken. I know several of you are not happy with the short interval for this type of oil. But for the current interval, I am taking it out to 10,000 miles to see how it goes. I am using Mobil 1 M1-209 filters.

The silicon is from sealers, so the fact that it is still high doesn't concern me. The copper is from the engine oil cooler, so I am not worried about that as well. The level of Iron, although clearly far from a problematic level, was a slight surprise, I somewhat expected it to be lower. So I think break in was still completing during this run. Having said that, on a ppm/mile basis, iron did go down a bit.

Anyone think I should do a UOA without changing the oil prior to the 10K mark on this interval?

Никитос

• Генерал-Полковник
  • Не в сети Не в сети
    • TRJ125 (2,7л)

01/26/18

This is the latest sample from my 2015 Tacoma, which I have owned since new. Looks OK to me, except for the trend of increasing aluminum. Is this a possible problem developing? Some Tacomas of this vintage have been known to make a whining noise when started up cold; the noise disappears after warming up for a couple of minutes. My Tacoma occasionally has this symptom. The whining noise problem is believed to be caused by the oil pump. What are oil pumps made of?

8ppm over 10.3K miles is not a *huge* amount of aluminum, but it is concerning. My plan is to just run another 10K and check then. I do have an extended warranty on this vehicle, which is good for 8 years and 125K miles, so I should be covered if a real problem develops. Comments?

Зачем он это делает (повышает интервал между заменами), его объяснения:
OK all, let me tell you my perspective on the oil change interval specified by Toyota for the 2015 Tacoma.

The model discussed in this UOA is a 2015 Toyota Tacoma V6. This is the last model year this specific engine was offered - the truck underwent a total redesign for the 2016 model year.

The engine in this truck reflects a design that is over 10 years old - the engine in this instance reflects an unchanged design dating back to the 2005 model year.

Back when this engine was designed, nearly all of Toyota's engines specified 5W-30, and a 5,000 mile OCI. Since that time, nearly all of Toyota and Lexus's new designs specify a 10,000 mile interval, and 0W-20 oil, and a cartridge oil filter instead of spin-on.

The point I am trying to make is that I believe the 5,000 mile OCI specified by Toyota, together with the 5W-30 viscosity, was more a reflection of Toyota's philosophy and practices back then. This engine was probably the very last in the entire product line that was redesigned. In other words, Toyota is not specifying a 5K interval with 5W-30 because the engine has "special" requirements; it's simply an older design that reflects the times.

This is one of 4 vehicles in my family "fleet". I am simply trying to do a 10K interval to reduce the number and frequency of oil changes I have to perform.

Very Mild rant: I find it ironic that in many of my other UOAs that I post, I get several posters "complaining" that I waste oil, time and resources by performing oil changes at too short of an interval. Now when I try to extend it out slightly, I'm getting feedback otherwise. I can't win eek

Seriously, I want and appreciate the feedback. For those of you monitoring this thread, do you really think this UOA, and accompanying trend, is *that* bad? That 10K is way too long of an OCI?

Никитос

• Генерал-Полковник
  • Не в сети Не в сети
    • TRJ125 (2,7л)

Климатическая особенность региона в сравнение с дрругими

vik1

• Майор
  • Не в сети Не в сети
    • Прадо 120 4л, 2008

Самое основное тут, что даже это отличное масло срабатывается на таком интервале! И замена его даже с таким высоким щелочным на нашем движке - 7-8 тыщ км, что в очередной раз и подтвердилось. А остальным маслам вообще показано тысяч 5...  А то, что двиг становится всё лучше и лучше с каждой заменой - так это просто он обкатку прошёл! И вымылись с него все бяки типа герметика и прочих железных пылинок. Ну, это моё мнение.